We know the importance of choosing frames that suit your personality and bring out the best features in your face. Eye makeup works closely with your glasses to achieve this, but the makeup application should be slightly altered to work best with your glasses. Here are a few helpful tips we collected to make your makeup and your frames work together to make you look your best:
- Wear neutral or warm shades of eyeshadow. If you wear grays and cooler colours, your eyes will appear smaller, darker, and can look like you’re hiding a black eye!
- Adding bright or bold eyeshadow colors to your lids can clash with the frames and make your eyes appear smaller. Many layers and mixes of colour can look like you’re hiding your eyes behind the frames, not enhancing them. If your frames are rimless, you can get away with a bit more colour, but keep it simple!
- Stick to light colors on the lids to make your eyes appear larger behind the frames
- Avoid lining the lower lashes – this will darken your eyes, making them appear smaller and give you an overall tired look behind your glasses.
- Choose volumizing, not lengthening, mascara. Apply two coats if necessary. Lengthening mascara may make your eyes touch your lenses, dirtying them and irritating your eyes.
- Keeping eyebrows neat and well-shaped becomes very important when you’re wearing your glasses. Some think that frames will disguise the eyebrows, but most frames make untidy or asymmetrical brows more noticeable.