Do I really need an anti-reflective (AR) coating on my lenses?
The bottom line is yes. Anti-reflective coatings dramatically improve the performance of your new eyeglasses and the overall quality of your vision.
Anti-reflective coatings help to prevent both internal and external optical reflections and they allow for increased light transmission through the lens. The result is brighter, clearer more natural feeling vision.
For patients with prescriptions that require thinner high index lenses, anti-reflective lenses become even more crucial as internal reflections are magnified. These lenses are also easily scratched or damaged and require the additional scratch resistant benefit that anti-reflective coatings offer.
7 – Reasons to purchase anti-reflective lenses
- Improved cosmetic appearance
- Increased light transmission – Brighter vision
- Improved contrast sensitivity – Fine detail vision
- Reduced glare on the computer
- Reduced glare for night time driving
- Improved scratch resistance
- Easier to clean